HYAA runs three soccer programs for children ages PreK-12. Sessions are held at Forge Pond Park on King Street in Hanover.
More information for each season below:
The Fall Soccer program runs from September through early November for children in grades PreK-8. Players will be notified by their coaches in late August. Games are held on Saturdays. Players in Grades 1-8 will have practices once a week at the coaches convenience. Kindergarten and PreK players do not have weekly practices.
Winter Indoor Soccer
Winter Indoor Soccer Skills are typically held January through March in Hanover. Players are grouped by grade and gender.
The Spring Soccer program runs from April through early June for children in grades PreK-12 and can included some college freshman, depending upon the players age. Registration for players in grade 3-12 takes place prior to tryouts. Registration for players in grades PreK-2 opens in January. Games are held on Saturdays with practices held once a week for players in 1st grade and older. Players will be notified by their coaches in early April.
The Spring Season is a travel league for players in Grades 3-12 and tryouts are necessary during the Fall for all players in grades 5-8.
Our Spring Soccer teams participate in the Coastal Youth Soccer League. Due to league regulations all teams must be submitted in early January. Because of this all players in Grade 3-8 must commit to their teams when rosters are announced in December. Due to fines imposed by the league, any cancellations/player drops made after December 20th will not receive a refund or credit to their account.
Jill Egan at firstname.lastname@example.org
|The Parent's Guide:
An Introduction to Youth Soccer US Youth Soccer has announced the launch of an interactive online tool to assist parents as they support their youth athlete. Designed for parents in the game of soccer to aid their efforts in growing spirit without limiting the child,
The Parent's Guide - An Introduction to Youth Soccer:
The Parents Guide is an overview of best practices and philosophy, answering questions ranging from:
- How to be supportive soccer parents
- How to meet your child's needs
- The ride home
- Dealing with your child's coach.
- To review the online Parents Guide please click here.
- Parent's should watch their children's games from the opposite side of the field as their child's team. All coaches and teams on one side and spectators on the other.
For both Fall and Spring Soccer players are grouped according to school grade as indicated below:
PreK - must be 4 years old by September 1st
Kindergarten - must be 5 years old by September 1st
In Spring we also have
Children are not allowed to play "up". They must play with their age group/school grade.
- Regular registration will run for 3 weeks and then a $35.00 late fee will be added to all registrations. It is important for season planning, uniform ordering etc that registration are collected early and on time.
- In some cases a waitlist will be open after registration closes. Players on the Waitlist will not be assigned to teams until week 2 of the program.
- All registration fees must be paid at the time of registration or risk being cancelled.
- Go to online registration
- Grades 5-8 - Registration opens in October prior to tryouts. All players are encouraged to attend tryouts for proper team placement.
- Grades 3-4 and High School - Registration opens in November. Teams for these age groups must be submitted to the league early in January. Formal team rosters are submitted and team numbers are set early so late adds may not be accepted. Please register on time.
- PreK - Grade 2 - Registration opens in January.
- There will be a late registration period at the end of each registration window. A $35.00 additional charge will be added to late registrations. Early registration is imperative for season planning, uniform and equipment ordering. Please help us by registering on time.
- Registration fees must be paid at the time of registration or risk being deleted.
- Go to online registration